Layout Table ReportsAlpha Five now has two styles of reports, the traditional free form banded report, and a new layout table banded report. For web use, most people will want to use the new layout table report with HTML output.
To create a Layout Table Report, first create a report with the Quick Report Genie, then convert the Quick Report to a Layout Table Report.
Strengths of Layout Table Reports
- Capable of generating high quality HTML output
- Capable of generating Excel output with excellent fidelity to the design
- Capable of creating rounded corners across sections of the report, effectively putting an attractive frame around all or part of the report
- Improved style sheet support, with different styles for the header, summaries, and details
- Easier to maintain columnar reports, since inserting a new column will automatically adjust the other columns.
- Can be used as linked reports
- Does not use the Amyuni driver for HTML or Excel output
Strengths of Free Form Reports
- Offer absolute positioning, for precise control over reports to be output onto pre-printed forms
- Allow for conditional report objects
- Capable of creating multi-column reports
Layout Table Report Topics
- Converting a Quick Report to a Layout Table Report V11
- Editing a Layout Table Report V11
- Using a Layout Table Report V11
- Layout Table Report Example: Customer List